I have had and continue to have an amazing life filled with really great people. I’m an introvert. I ran a public speaking business for 14 years. 🙂 I train and rehabilitate raptors in my spare time. I’m a dog training instructor on the weekends.
My current endeavours are to:
- obtain great marks on prerequisites to get into a Health Science program at Curtin Uni
- help people communicate and live happily with their pets
- build knowledge and skills in wild bird husbandry and rehabilitation
Just lately I’ve been severely under-employed, which is no fun. If you are an employer, feel free to read up on me and drop me a line.
These are some qualities that I admire and seek to cultivate in myself. I am tenacious, energetic, healthy, confident, organised, unconventional, knowledgeable, funny, clever, socially adept, honest, curious, fair, supportive, loving and creative.
I am seeking a workplace where I can:
- fit in around a University timetable
- serve others in a supportive environment;
- experience joy in what I do;
- feel pride in my accomplishments and skill;
- feel confidence in my knowledge and ability to learn;
- develop deep and rewarding friendships.
I’m easily entertained by small things. I like to be able to do a variety of tasks, but also happy to do boring repetitive tasks for periods of time. I get great satisfaction from getting things done, such as sticking a few hundred price stickers on items and putting them all away neatly. Obviously I enjoy “attention to detail” as well as creative big picture stuff like formulating a marketing plan or designing a presentation.
My future plans include:
- a part time / after hours dog training business, including online courses
- a fully operational raptor hospital in my workshop and flight pens in my back yard
- an understudy for Amika (born 2006!) who can fulfil my social dog sport needs
My past achievements are:
- operating a raptor hospital with flight pens in two previous locations, releasing hundreds back to the wild
- training, mentoring and coaching lots of volunteers in raptor rehab.
- sharing Amika’s success in the sport of Tracking. She obtained the title of Track and Search Dog Excellent
- I’ve built a few aviaries – a 10m x 8m complex and a trapezoid approx. 4m x 8m were the largest
- writing several successful, if small, grant funding applications
- building these WordPress.org web site thingies
My adventures in life include:
- living in a loving relationship since 2005 with a person whom I admire and respect
- surviving and thriving after Pneumococcal meningitis and Ménière’s Disease
- going back to “school” at age 42!
- watching bird soap opera (they get up to all sorts of things)
- indoor rock climbing
- Brailian jiu jitsu
- searching for new career ideas: what to do?
- running dog training classes – never dull
- experimental cooking!
- learning new stuff: guitar, leadership courses, brain books, animal training research..
If you see anything here that interests you, please give me a call or drop me an e-mail.