I have had and continue to have an amazing life filled with really great people. I’m an introvert. I ran a public speaking business for 14 years. 🙂 I train and rehabilitate raptors in my spare time. I’m a dog training instructor in between being a full time sonography student. This page used to be about business ideas I was pursuing, now it is just about me.
My current endeavours are to:
- study to become a sonographer at CQUniversity (Perth campus)
- help people communicate and live happily with their pets
- build knowledge and skills in wild bird husbandry and rehabilitation
Previously, I was looking for work – any work. Then I realised that my dog training classes fit in around a full time uni load really well. Oh, and I enjoy instructing dog training classes! 🙂
There are some qualities that I admire and seek to cultivate in myself. I have been known to be: tenacious, energetic, healthy, confident, organised, unconventional, knowledgeable, funny, clever, socially adept, honest, curious, fair, supportive, loving and creative. I work on these a little bit most days.
I’m easily entertained by small things. I like to be able to do a variety of tasks, but also happy to do boring repetitive tasks for periods of time. I get great satisfaction from getting things done, such as sticking a few hundred price stickers on items and putting them all away neatly. Obviously I enjoy “attention to detail” as well as creative big picture stuff like formulating a marketing plan or designing a presentation. I love communicating and teaching. I think sonography may be a good fit for me.
If you’d like to know what I have been up to professionally, go stalk me on LinkedInÂ 🙂 My big motivations in life are helping others, problem solving and communicating.
My future plans include:
- qualification as a sonographer and employment in Perth
- a thriving dog training business, including online courses
- a fully operational raptor hospital in my workshop and flight pens in my back yard
- a new dog, to fill a very big hole left by Amika, my German Shepherd
My adventures in life include:
- living in a loving relationship since 2005 with a person whom I admire and respect
- surviving and thriving after Pneumococcal meningitis andÂ MÃ©niÃ¨re’sÂ Disease
- going back to “school” at age 42!
- watching bird soap opera (they get up to all sorts of things)
- indoor rock climbing
- Brailian jiu jitsu
- running dog training classes – never dull
- rehabilitating raptors
- experimental cooking!
- learning new stuff: guitar, leadership courses, brain books, animal training research..
If you would like to communicate with me, I can be found at my e-mail address and occasionally on Facebook.